The region’s solar-energy experts address a global market
OVERCOMING HURDLES TO COMPETITIVENESS
According to a report by France Territoire Solaire, solar photovoltaic energy became the world’s largest source of electricity in 2016 in terms of new installed capacity.
The global solar energy market grew to 71 GW by the end of 2016, up from 51 GW a year earlier.
France’s solar-energy stakeholders have carved out a unique position on the international solar-energy market. The quality of their products and services has earned recognition worldwide. However, for France’s solar-energy industry to remain competitive, several conditions must be met:
- The development of new technologies
- Higher-quality production and more competitively-priced energy
- A variety of grid-related services that address the needs of the applications targeted
- Services to facilitate flexibility and aggregation in order to better align supply with grid operator and end user demand
Tenerrdis and its members across the region are identifying and developing targeted responses to today’s solar-energy challenges.
The cluster strives to drive innovation in the following fields:
- Solar-energy production equipment
- Photovoltaic electricity production technology
- Balance-of-system technologies
- Grid-level services, including self-consumption
- Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV)
- Solar thermal energy and heat recovery and production technologies
84collaborative R&D projects and prototypes/demonstrator systems
€661 MillionIn total R&D spending